“I pity da fool …” Mr. T
Your Prosperity in Life is a Result of Your Resistance of Foolishness
We have all felt dumb at times in the past. Looking back on our lives we reflect and say… “Man THAT was stupid!” Hindsight is always 20/20 and in the case of hindsight, I believe that we can all see things that we could improve on moving forward. My question today however isn’t about our past and our ability to forgive ourselves, my question today is are we STILL acting foolish?
The 13 Indicators of Foolish Behavior:
- A FOOL despises wisdom & instruction: The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. Proverbs 1:7
- A FOOL is right in his own eyes [vs going to the Word for instruction]: The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise. Proverbs 12:15
- A FOOL makes a mockery of sin [makes light of sin and sinful things]: Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favour. Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. Proverbs 14:9 & Gal 6:7
- A FOOL hides hatred with lying and slander [Those with a murmuring spirit will never experience breakthrough]: He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool. Proverbs 10:18
- A FOOL speaks perverse and lying things, just for fun [goads/eggs someone on for “a laugh”]: It is as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of understanding hath wisdom. Proverbs 10:23
- A FOOL leans unto his own understanding: He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered. Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. Proverbs 28:26 & Proverbs 3:5
- A FOOL reverses the truth and speaks perverse things [says the opposite of the truth in order to invoke a response example: calling someone “bad” to explain that they are really “good/cool”]: Better is the poor that walketh in his integrity, than he that is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. Proverbs 19:1
- A FOOL speaks all that is on his mind [even a revelation that was meant from God- just for them]: A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards. Proverbs 29:11
- A FOOL walks in darkness: The wise man’s eyes are in his head; but the fool walketh in darkness: and I myself perceived also that one event happeneth to them all. Eccl 2:14
- A FOOL does not pay their vows [Their IOU’S, etc]: When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed. Eccl 5:4
- A FOOL says there is NO God: The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. Psalm 14:1
- A FOOL is slow to believe in his heart: Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken. Luke 24:25
- A FOOL only operates by what they can see: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1
So Who’s a Fool?
Not YOU! Those of us who walk by faith, and know God do NOT do foolish things and act in foolish ways. There are two modes toward prosperity in this world; prosperity according to the “worlds” way of doing things and prosperity according to the “Words” way of doing things. The ways of the world are; lying, cheating, stealing, conniving. The ways of the Word are; obedience, service, sacrifice, and listening to God for direction. The Word says that He “uses the things of the foolish to confound the wise”, and this simply means that when you choose to do right by God the ‘earthly’ men and women may consider you FOOLISH, but the tables are turned with God and you actually end up being the ONLY smart one in the room!
God bless you my friends as you maintain your righteous behavior, and can now more easily SPOT a fool! “A wicked doer giveth heed to false lips; [and] a liar giveth ear to a naughty tongue.” Proverbs 17:4
If you are in need of prayer, you can always reach me at email@example.com. We agree with you the the Lord has His will, purpose and plan for your life! If you have never completely surrendered or asked Jesus to be your Lord and savior, invite Him in today- you will never be the same! “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” 2 Cor 5:17
CONGRATULATIONS JESSICA! Jessica Heilman the winner of the Taffi Dollar 2011 RADI Award for her video entry in representation of living a radical and redefined life in Christ. You can learn more about this award and watch her WINNING video HERE.
You can keep in touch with Jessica and Wholehearted Minisrties at wholeheartedministries.com, on twitter, via facebook, through email subscription to articles, and directly through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your support!