Today’s principle focus is on position and the strength that we have in the spiritual gift of humanity.
Scripture of the day: “What is man that you make so much of him, that you give him so much attention, that you examine him every morning and test him every moment? Will you never look away from me, or let me alone even for an instant?” Job 7:17-19
Today’s Positive Words of Affirmation and Encouraging Words to Live By: “Today, I will remember to stand tall and erect, in the strength that God has given me. I am not a mindless animal, nor a plant swaying in the breeze, I am a CHILD of GOD.(Romans 8:17)”
Where do I see myself on a scale of 1-10 in the area of “Position”? 8
Contrary to belief, your dog is not smarter than you are. As a matter of fact, if you put a full bag of dog food next to an empty bowl, unless the dog is starving to death and has figured out that he can rip open the bag, the dog will grow hungry. I can not tell you how many times our children have left our dogs dish empty, and I have found him staring at the bag next to the dish… HE NEEDS ME TO OPEN THE BAG AND POUR IT.
Cartoons, all-be-it originally designed to bring awareness to the earth and all of God’s creation, have shown us animals going beyond the predator vs prey instinct to a humanistic type creation. In cartoons with man and animals, an animal will always outwit a man, and in animal only cartoons, they talk to each other and get married and walk as humans. This is a myth, this is fantasy, YOUR DOG IS NOT SMARTER THAN YOU ARE.
I really feel it heavy on my heart today to encourage you that you have not been cursed into humanity, you have been blessed by it. Too often, we as Christian’s have such lofty ideas, that we begin to discount this gift of the flesh, in order to be like the wind. Attempting for spiritual exaltation to the point that we forget that God Himself had to come into “the flesh” in order to get things done with His people “His children”. We must find the spirit and flesh connection, and we must begin to assume that position. The word for the day.. “Our spirits are grounded by this flesh, and it is with this flesh that we are called to do the work of the Father.”
I AM A MAN
According to scripture, I am a “man with a womb”. Not only have I been given the gift of life, I have been given the gift of human life, and I have been given the added gift of being a man with a womb. The womb that I have, has brought forth five more human beings to glorify God. God has used the womb He gave me to bring more “men” into this world. As they grow, I will continue to teach them that they too have a position on this earth and they, unlike the beast, have the dominion and the brain, and the physical ability to build.
Too often in our spiritual quest of enlightenment, we begin to slouch in our bodies, seeing our flesh as cursed and unholy. We, yes, even us Charismatic Pentecostal Christians, begin to blame our flesh and hate our own skin. Today, is a day to focus on standing tall, and embracing the gift God gave you… HUMAN LIFE!
My Prayer Today,
Father God, I pray that you would show Your children that there is a symbiotic relationship between body and spirit. That even though we have a flesh, and are no longer identified by it, you gave us THE BEST VEHICLE FOR THE JOB. You didn’t create us as knuckle draggers, You created us in YOUR image, with POSITION. Your Word says that we are called to be found in the likeness of Christ, who was made “a little lower than the angels” (Heb 2:7) You have given us a PROMINENT POSITION in Your creation. Today, I pray that I would stand taller, work harder, and FORCE my body to do what my spirit directs it to do. Today, with Your strength, my body and spirit will walk in harmony. You created me to do something on this Earth, and together we WILL do it, with our HANDS. In Your Son Jesus’ Name, AMEN.
May the Lord God Bless you and give you a renewed spirit, heart, mind and body connection,
Did you know???
- YOU are a UNIQUE creation! (Mark 10:6)
- YOU are made up of 100 trillion cells, 206 bones, 600 muscles, and 22 internal organs. Every hour about 1 billion cells in the human body must be replaced.
- YOU are an HEIR with HAIR! The average human head has about 100,000 hairs. “What is the price of two sparrows–one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered.” Matt 10:29-30 GOD CREATED YOU and knows YOU intimately!
- YOU can decern! There are about 9,000 taste buds on the surface of the tongue, in the throat, and on the roof of the mouth. Only a man can choose the foods he wants to eat!
- YOU can speak! The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue. No other creature can Praise God and speak to others about life, living, and worship.
- YOU have thumbs and YOU can BUILD! Monkeys have thumbs on their feet as well as on their hands, which really helps in climbing trees (they can grab with their feet as well as with their hands). The human thumb is proportionately longer than apes and man can oppose his thumb to his fingers whereas apes and monkeys cannot. Without this uniquely designed hand, no ape could be a competent tool-using animal. The ape lacks the dexterity that humans enjoy.
- YOU can form and express thoughts! The human brain weighs about 3 pounds. The brain of a human is normally two or three times larger than the brain of the largest ape, which is the gorilla.
- YOU do not have a tail. What is a serpent.. but a tail?!! (Deut 28:13)
- YOU stand erect! One fourthof the bones in your body are in your feet. Only man walks upright in an erect posture. Man can walk comfortably and naturally on two feet. This is his normal posture. Monkeys, apes, bears, chipmunks and other animals may occasionally walk on two feet, but this is not their normal mode of transportation. They usually move on all fours. Adam named the animals, as they passed in front of him.