“It is not by sword or spear that the LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD’s, and He will give all of you into our hands.” – David, a “man after God’s own heart- a STRONG man”. 1 Sam 17:47
The Battle is the LORDS… SPEAK!
Yesterday, as I was driving along, I was reminded of this Word… “No man can enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.” Mark 3:27 I
then heard the Lord tell me, “We are not men and women of strength when we remain silent.” How does a strong man become overtaken? BY BEING BOUND, GAGGED, and SILENCED. We ARE STRONG MEN AND WOMEN WHEN WE SPEAK OUT!
What a Word!
REAL MEN and WOMEN SPEAK OUT
There is a common misconception that we win our battles “by silence”. Stuffing our challenges deep… deeper… DEEPER STILL. The “ask-but-do-not-tell policy”. Today, I am delivering this Word to you to inform you that: THE OPPOSITE OF BEING BOUND, IS TO AS STRONG MEN-SPEAK OUT! Speak out in FAITH, speak out in LOVE, speak out in BELIEF. “If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.” 1 Cor 13:2
The common misconception of a “Strong man”
When you think about a “strong man”- what has society taught you is their most notable asset? Their ability to be tight-lipped and stoic, “unphased”!
- In society, the “strong man” is the man that can take the hits and keep on being hit-with no corresponding action.
- In society, the “strong man” doesn’t cry, doesn’t lament, never complains/asks for a different situation, doesn’t communicate.
- In society, the “strong man” bullies his way in by force and TAKES what does not belong to him-without even a word.
IT IS A WEAK AND FEARFUL MAN WHO CONTINUES TO TAKE THE HIT, AND SAYS NOTHING ABOUT IT. No prayer, no sacrifice, no giving… NOTHING. A STRONG MAN speaks out to GOD and SAYS and does what the Lord would have him to do!
SOCIETY IS WRONG- JESUS WAS A STRONG MAN!
Jesus was A STRONG man AND Jesus consistantly used the Word-HIS WORDS-to express to others, through communication of problems AND resolve, HOW we SHOULD live. EVEN if it hurt those whom He loved. He was quoted as saying, “You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
WHAT HE DID:
1. JESUS- A STRONG MAN: Took the hit of sin and WAS HIMSELF THE CORRESPONDING ACTION. “[I am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.” Rev 1:18
Jesus showed us that He WAS a MAN OF STRENGTH, when He voluntarily died on the cross for us. He became THE corresponding response to sin, by being made the perfect sacrifice. IT IS A WEAK AND FEARFUL MAN WHO CONTINUES TO TAKE THE HIT, AND SAYS NOTHING ABOUT IT. No prayer, no sacrifice, no giving… NOTHING. A STRONG MAN speaks out to GOD and SAYS and does what the Lord would have him to do!
A MAN OF STRENGTH SACRIFICES IN LOVE, FOR THOSE WHO ARE UNLOVEABLE.
WHAT HE SAID:
2. JESUS- STRONG MAN: Jesus BECAME EMOTIONAL TO THE POINT OF DEATH. “They went to a place called Gethsemane, and Jesus said to his disciples, “Sit here while I pray.” He took Peter, James and John along with him, and he began to be deeply distressed and troubled. “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death,” he said to them. “Stay here and keep watch.” Going a little farther, he fell to the ground and prayed that if possible the hour might pass from him. “Abba, Father,” he said, “everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.” Mark 14:32-36
Jesus showed that He was a man of STRENGTH, in the fact that regardless of the pressure and the burden of His responsibilities, HE COMMUNICATED WITH THE FATHER OF HIS EMOTIONS, HIS FEELINGS, HIS DESIRES. JESUS, A MAN OF STRENGTH became “deeply distressed and troubled”. He DID NOT “stuff it”.
JESUS DIDN’T JUST TAKE HIS SITUATION “LIKE A MAN” HE TOOK IT LIKE GOD, BY COMMUNICATING IN TIMES OF STRUGGLE THROUGH EXPRESSING , SPEAKING AND SHOWING HIS FEELINGS. WHEN THE “CHIPS WERE DOWN”, HE CRIED OUT VOCALLY FOR THE REPLENISHMENT OF STRENGTH.
WHAT HE WAS:
3. JESUS- THE STRONG MAN: Jesus DID NOT TAKE BY FORCE, He GAVE in LOVE. “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.” Matt 5:3-10
Jesus when preaching on the Mount, described to His followers a perfect picture of a MAN OR WOMAN OF STRENGTH:
A person who understands their lowliness of position in Him, a person who is compassionate for the sake of others, a person who is nothing without God, a person who desires to draw nearer unto Him, a person who shows others forgiveness and mercy, a person who walks in faith, a person who shares peace with others, and a person who is willing to go through the fire… to bring GOD GLORY.
JESUS WHEN PREACHING ON THE MOUNT, DESCRIBED TO HIS FOLLOWERS A PERFECT PICTURE OF A MAN OR WOMAN OF STRENGTH.
The call today is to COMMUNICATE.
REAL MEN AND WOMEN OF GOD SPEAK OUT IN FAITH
The call today is to COMMUNICATE. Communicate with God first and ask Him exactly HOW to speak to your spouse, your loved ones, even your employer. Anyone who you feel you are at odds with. EXPRESS to Him your concerns, trials, and tribulations. Then go to those in your life who have been trying to FORCE you out of “your house”. (Mark 3:27) Trust that the Lord will make clear to you the next steps and action. BE STRONG, BE COURAGEOUS. IT’S YOUR HOUSE- NO ONE CAN TAKE IT FROM YOU, IF YOU DO NOT LET THEM!
BEING IN FAITH AND BEING FOUND STRONG REQUIRE VOCALIZATION AND ACTION
“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn
“‘a man against his father,a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law-a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’
“Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.
“Anyone who welcomes you welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. Whoever welcomes a prophet as a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward, and whoever welcomes a righteous person as a righteous person will receive a righteous person’s reward. And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward.” Matt 10:32-42
I love that LAST line, “THAT person will certainly not lose their reward”. Who is THAT person? “THE PERSON WHO ACKNOWLEDGES ME BEFORE OTHERS”. The devil will tell you to “SHUT UP, SIT DOWN, BE QUIET-JUST TAKE IT”. When we are STRONG MEN, like Jesus, we “CRY OUT, STAND UP, SPEAK OUT-AND JUST GIVE IT UP TO GOD!”
God Bless you friends as you walk as men and women of strength-
Jessica Heilman is an author, wife and mother of 5. She blogs daily on life, family, and her walk with Christ in a modern and Biblically-applicable way. She believes that the Bible is timeless, and that it is THE foundational reading for the 21rst Century in regards to wholehearted living. Her mission daily: to do everything she possibly can to hasten the return of the coming Christ.
NEW! Jessica has started a NEW Blog about her life as a mom, sharing with others her challenges and victories in parenthood/life. You can read these blogs at http://www.onewholemom.blogspot.com
You can subscribe to Jessica’s blogs and articles via email here @:http://feeds.feedburner.com/WholeheartedMinistries[Please, do not forget to verify your email address, when you receive a confirmation email]
You can become a fan of Wholehearted Ministries on Facebook @:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wholehearted-Ministries/75471627683
You can follow Jessica on Twitter @: http://twitter.com/imwholehearted