“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
John 3:16…What a scripture, what a thought! God LOVED the world… how many do you know that hate the world, despise the world, and could not care about the world!? They treat it like it is a used tissue, about to be thrown away, balling it up and tossing it aside! They are SO eager to leave! But here, in scripture the Word plainly states that our Father in Heaven LOVED the world. Doesn’t Genesis teach us that He saw everything that He created and found it “GOOD”? Not only did God love the world, He loved it SO much He sent His only Son to come and rescue it from all of its pain and sorrow. He sent His Son to die for us… ALL of us!
God LOVED the world so much He desired it’s WHOLENESS for us all
DAY 5: John 3:16 KJV & MSG Parallel…
The King James Version
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
The Message Version
“This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn’t go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person’s failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him.
“This is the crisis we’re in: God-light streamed into the world, but men and women everywhere ran for the darkness. They went for the darkness because they were not really interested in pleasing God. Everyone who makes a practice of doing evil, addicted to denial and illusion, hates God-light and won’t come near it, fearing a painful exposure. But anyone working and living in truth and reality welcomes God-light so the work can be seen for the God-work it is.”
God-light and God-work is the BEST type of work, and there really is NO other work at all! The reality is that we are eternal beings momentarily housed in bodies- on our way either to Heaven or hell… is there ANY other reality than that? Is there a more notable profession than that of soul-salvation and eternal rightness? If we are not all called to be Preachers by profession- doesn’t that by default mean that our current professions are merely platforms in which we are called to expose Christ to the world? YES! “For God so LOVED the world”!
God desires the world (and those of us in it) to be made whole. He sent His Son Jesus in order to resolve the enmity in man and the battle between sin vs. salvation and in so doing- He left US the Holy Spirit to guide US to do the remainder of the work! Praise God we are up to the task! We who love God do God’s work! AMEN!
THIS MSG SCRIPTURE AT A GLANCE:
- God only had ONE Son, and He gave Him to the world, because He LOVED the WORLD and His creation.
- There is a destruction process for those that DO NOT BELIEVE in Christ. Christ came so that NO ONE would be destroyed who heard His Message and received Him as their King.
- EVERYONE can have everlasting life- this is NOT limited to race, religion or sex- it is not limited to anything at all!
- God did not send His only Son to earth in order to condemn it but to BLESS it… He LOVED/S it!
- Jesus came to set the world RIGHT again, to reestablish the order that once was… Back in THE GARDEN.
- ANYONE who trusts in Jesus is FREE from the sin of the world. If you are found in sin, sinning, or bound by sin… YOU have lost TRUST in the Father.
- Anyone who refuses to trust the Father has been entrapped by sin, and is lost to the point that they CAN NOT recognize grace, mercy, love and hope. They are stuck untrusting and entrapped because they DO NOT recognize the One and only Son of God when they meet Him.
- When Jesus came to the Earth, those who were so used to slavery CHOSE to run from freedom and run TO slavery. They could not get past the “comfort” of the familiar in order to walk IN the Glory.
- The worldly men and women CHOSE the world OVER the God-Light of Jesus, because they are NOT interested in pleasing God but themselves.
- Everyone who is addicted to sin and chooses that existence over truly LIVING free and in Christ- HATES the light of God and will NOT come near it in fear that their addiction will come to light and it will cause them unjust PAIN.
- Anyone who welcomes the Light of God into their lives and exposes the sin for what it is- is purified, forgiven, and made to be set free from sin. As a man and women is set free from sin, the Glory of God is seen in their transformation. God then exudes from them, and Jesus, God’s Son is exalted!
During this last week it has been my number one prayer to be able to take scripture that we all recognize, that may have become “ordinary” to us- and expand upon it for an increased depth of understanding and renewal of faith. I seriously pray that as you have read and re-read John 3:16, it has become more to you than just a quip to be memorized- but a real and revealed passionate love story between God and His Creation. God LOVED us, He LOVES us, and He will LOVE us forever more! We MUST continue to LOVE each other!
A PRAYER IN CLOSING:
Father God, release Your children from slavery. Reveal Your Light -Your Son Jesus- to them in a real and relevant way. Create in them a desire to do right, be right, live right, and love right. You have given us (the WORLD) Your SON and YOUR LOVE. We who love You EAGERLY receive it! THANK YOU FATHER! In Your Son Jesus’ name… AMEN!