THE POSITION OF MEN & WOMEN IN CHRIST
Did you know that we are all equal in God’s eyes? That He is no respecter of persons? For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 2:11.
For years, the church has debated against the position of men and women and for years the answer has been in the Word all along. Saying a man is better equipped in the Kingdom than a woman, or a woman is a better equipped than a man would simply be- not true.
We are physically different in the flesh, yes. However, when we are born again we are no longer of the flesh… we are now born again of the Spirit, and the Spirit has no flesh to identify its sex. John 3:6-7 says,
“That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.”
Galatians 3:28 says it this way,
“There is [now no distinction] neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is not male and female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.” AMP
So then what does it mean? If men and women are different physically, but spiritually we are now made the same… why is there so much opposition against what women can and cannot do?(This question can transcend to various races as well)
Can men and women then do the same types of things? The simple answer under the New Covenant is, yes.
The challenge then becomes being able to grasp that in society, men have the advantage over women. Those who are unbelievers, are still under the curse from the garden of Eden. (We can only be set free through the belief in Christ Jesus John 8:36) That original curse of sin states that man will be above the woman. (Gen. 3:16) We who believe in Christ however, are no longer under that curse. (Gal. 3:13)
In a sinful society, (a society that does not worship our Lord God) has then built into it a domineering male driven society. We, as female Christians should recognize this and understand that it is the men that most often the lost society will listen to, thus giving men the advantage because that is the way it was originally set in motion under the curse.
What then do we women do? How do we adapt to a New Covenant, in an old system? If we are married, we partner with our mates. If we are single, we partner with Christ and let Christ open the door for us.
We become one in flesh with our mates. We allow them and encourage them to be the ‘heads’ and go out into battle on our behalf. We recognize that in order to win the most souls as possible for Christ, our husbands must lead us into this battle, because it is our husbands who in society most often will be revered, respected, and listened to.
Husbands, must understand that this is a huge responsibility. That their wives do not have to be married to a man, to do God’s will. That they are just as qualified as men, but choose to live under the mantle of their spouse. Submitting to his leadership, in order to better reach a lost society. Together as a team they are an immovable force.
Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask,it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. Matthew 1:19-20
Though different in society, in the home these women of God should be treated as the equals God has made them out to be.
Read 1 Peter 3:7 in the Message Version:
The same goes for you husbands: Be good husbands to your wives. Honor them, delight in them. As women they lack some of your advantages. But in the new life of God’s grace, you’re equals. Treat your wives, then, as equals so your prayers don’t run aground.
So who am I? Is the Word at all limiting?
- I can pray any time of day, without ceasing. Pray without ceasing. 1 Thes 5:17
- I can lay hands on the sick. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. Mark 16:17-18
- I am called to love God with all of my heart. Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. Matthew 22:37
- The fruit of the womb, is my reward. Lo, children [are] an heritage of the LORD: [and] the fruit of the womb [is his] reward. Psalm 123:7
- I can sow seed. Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. Luke 6:38
- In marriage, I have no power over my body. The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife. 1 Cor 7:4
- I know the mysteries of the Kingdom of God. And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand. Luke 8:10
- I am His sheep, He is my Shepherd. Know ye that the LORD he [is] God: [it is] he [that] hath made us, and not we ourselves; [we are] his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Psalm 100:3
- I can enter into His gates with Thanksgiving and Praise. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, [and] into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, [and] bless his name. Psalm 100:4
- I have received the Spirit of God. And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: Acts 2:17
- I am a Conquerer. We are more than conquerers through Him that loved us. Romans 8:27
- I have been given the gift of prophesy. and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy… Acts 2:17
- I am called to do God’s work. And whatsoever ye do, do [it] heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men. Col 3:23
- I am a child of God. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. Gal 3:26
- I am called to submit. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7
- I have been made free. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. John 8:36
- I am the seed of Abraham. And if ye [be] Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. Gal 3:29
- I can Judge Nations. And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time. Judges 4:4 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 1 Cor 2:15
- I am called to be circumcised. Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked. Deut. 10:16
” There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.” Gal 3:28
As a community we welcome your comments and replies!