GOD IS ALL AROUND YOU
I was discouraged last night. Actually it was more like anger. Everywhere around me others were attempting to shove their agenda’s down my throat.
All week, I had been bombarded with various agendas and it was evident to me that “tolerance” had some how gone from, ” I will let you alone (and be tolerant) to believe what you believe” to “You better believe the WAY I believe, or YOU aren’t tolerant of ME.”
There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them. 2 Timothy 3
I was in a travailing spirit last night, as I was pondering the state of the society around me. I am PASSIONATE about the Word and to be living in these end times, I get hotter and hotter, in regards to the multiple agendas that are screaming at the Church in the name of “love”, when in reality it is in the name of “self serving ‘godliness'” as indicated in the above scripture. I went to bed nearly… hopeless.
I went to bed on the brink, but I awoke with a new set of eyes!
1. I awoke, and Matthew 15:11 was on my mind.
2. I awoke, and put on my favorite preaching Podcast.
3. I awoke, and listened to my gospel favorites.
4. I went to the gym, and on Good Morning America (National TV), I saw Pastor Marvin Sapp singing live “He Saw the Best in Me”.
5. I looked around at the gym, and saw people wearing clothes with scripture on them. (“Pray for us”, was what his T said)
6. I had in my hand Myles Monroe’s book “The Principles and Power of Vision”, that I began to read.
7. I ran into a brother in Christ, that I assemble with in our church.
8. People were singing and leaping at the gym.
9. I went to Starbucks and saw people praying.
10. I heard conversations (though muttered) about people and their Pastors.
11. The birds were chirping, and the air was fresh and the sun was shining.
Our eyes have become jaded to the evil among us and, the bottom line is- we need to repent.
What a revelation! The Lord was so kind to show me, through my new eyes, that the devil will try to scream at us EVIL EVIL EVIL! When in reality, God is STILL all around us- we just haven’t been looking close enough. Our eyes have become jaded seeing only the evil among us and, bottom line is- we need to repent.
A prayer for today,
“Thank you Lord for showing me that You are everywhere. That you are just as present in Your people as You have always been. That there are other people out there that love You and want to do right by you. The very wind whispers Your name. Forgive me for forgetting that You will have the final say, and forgive me for allowing others agendas and ideals to begin hardening my heart. Thank you, that I have received new eyes today, I love You, and I love that You care for me enough to feel my pain for Your people and then confirm that You feel for them too.” AMEN
Turn my eyes from worthless things, and give me life through your word. Psalm 119:37
As a community we welcome your comments and replies!