DIETING AND THE WORD
How many suns are in our sky? How many people have the same exact fingerprint? Are identical twins exactly the same? No!
In the beginning God CREATED, all things. Without Him, nothing that was made was made. (John 1:3)
How many men did God first create? One! How many women? One! Nothing in the Word ever duplicates exactly,
A child is never the same as its parent, a brother is never the same as another. During creation the Lord never created the same thing twice, even science can agree on this. Why is this so? Because our God is a CREATOR, not a copier.
“Beware of covetousness”
We have always heard that coveting was bad, but why exactly? What does coveting mean?
When we covet we duplicate, instead of create. And when we duplicate, we are not imitating God, because God is a creator, . One of the best examples of covetousness is found in Luke 12. In Luke 12, There is a rich man that dies from what appears to be great prosperity. What did the rich man ‘do’ to cause his death? When he had a problem of too much wealth, instead of trusting God to instruct him,
This certain rich man entered into covetousness in two ways:
1) He took possession of God’s blessing as his own (note the many times he refers to the wealth as ‘my’)
2) He thought he could duplicate his success! (not only did he take credit for his success, he had a real problem and he immediately did what he had done before to solve the problem)
What then is covetousness? Coveting is not only wanting what doesn’t belong to you but it is also found in saying “I want what THAT person has, and I am going to try to do it in THE SAME WAY they did, in order to get it.” You can be found guilty of covetousness, when you deny the Creator the power with in you to .
If you are a reader and believer of The Word, you know who is the ultimate ‘copy-cat’ is, Satan. Satan saw what God had done, and wanted to do it too. He wanted not just to duplicate God,
“How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God…”Isaiah 14:12-13
Is it bad to want a Ferrari, just like Joe’s? No! Is is bad to want Joe’s Ferrari? Yes! Why? Because if you know God, you know He is no respecter of persons. (Romans 2:11) You know that if He can do it for Joe, He can do it for you!
When does wanting something cool, become coveting? When you decide to get it the exact same way that Joe got it! When you decide YOU are a better creator than God! Taking Joe’s Ferrari, isn’t covetous- Thou shalt not steal. 8th commandment Exodus 20:15)
So what does this have to do with dieting? And Doctor’s? Simple, NOTHING ever happens- or was meant to happen in the same way twice!
What has worked for someone else, won’t happen the same exact way for you! It can’t! EVER! A principle can be in play like gravity, or sowing and reaping: but even those can be altered by the Spirit of creation!
Diets can fail, when you covet the results of someone else and try like the dickens to count each calorie ‘just like Mary’, and walk everywhere ‘just like Mary’, and workout ‘just like Mary’. Not only is your diet going to be fail, you will quickly find yourself in covetousness!
The only ‘diet’ that has ever worked is one that was given TO YOU, FOR YOU- and if you are a believer- BY YOU, through guidance from His Holy Spirit.
Doctor’s can’t always be right, because EVERYONE is different! If you have a caring doctor, he will treat you as an individual- And if you have a Spirit filled doctor- he will seek out God in prayer, for what to do The only problem, there aren’t too many Spirit filled doctor’s out there! For those of you that are AMEN!
There is a joke going around, “There are really only 2 medicines in this world. A&B pill. That’s why no one can read Doctors hand writing!” As funny as this is, if your doctor treats you in the same way as someone else those pills that he prescribes, are going to be just as effective as A or B.
How do I break free from the spirit of covetousness? How do I get to the point to where I can create? Instead of constantly trying to duplicate?
1. : repent, ask God for forgiveness (”Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that yoursins may be blotted out.” Acts 2:19) Ask that God would cleanse you of all evil thoughts,ideas, and spirits. That you might be open to receive from Him.
2. KNOW what you are believing God for. House, car, healing? What is it you NEED or WANT, then pray God that He would show you a way of doing something. (”…seekye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness[His right way of doing things]; andall of these things shall be added unto you.” Matt 6:33)
3. listen to the Holy Spirit. (If you are baptized and filled with the Holy Ghost,according to Acts 2:38 “Repent, and let everyone of you be baptized in the name of JesusChrist for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”).
1. Does what you heard require faith?
2. Does what you heard require courage?
3. Does what you heard go against reason and rationalization of the world?
4. Does what you heard line up with the written Word?
4. don’t do ANYTHING, until you have heard from God on the issue. Fight your natural thinking that says “I have seen it done this way…” I like to imagine a blank whiteboard, in prayer. Erasing everything I think, and not putting any idea on the board, until I know it is an idea from Him- no matter how “un-natural” the idea may seem to me. I find if I am trying too hard, the idea will be incomplete, and indefinite. I also find myself asking God “Are you , you want me to do that?” If it is of Him, He always answers“Yes!”
“When you pray, go into your room. close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.”
Time out, and wait for Him- where it is quiet, and you can think of nothing, no outside influences. Isaiah 40:31: “But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk and not faint.”
Wait upon the Lord, be patient, DON’T ACTIVATE UNTIL YOU HEAR FROM HIM. No one ever does the same thing the same way twice! He might tell you to go to the store, when you are believing for healing. The Bible is full of examples of ‘un-natural’ responses to ‘natural’ situations. Moses getting water out of a rock, the Israelites being feed from the sky, Joshua defeating armies, the red-sea, Jesus laying on hands, Jesus’ resurrection, the walls of Jericho. All of these great miracles of deliverance happened, when someone S.A.L.T.’d. They Stopped, Asked, Listened, and Timed out- until God told them what to do… then they DID IT!
The Lord wanted me to teach you that you are to be the S.A.L.T. and light of this world. (Matt. 5:13) How do we spice up this world as Christians? How do we add flavor? How do we get breakthough miraculously? By ‘S.A.L.T.’ ing in times of need! We flavor this world when we bring something fresh and new and CREATIVE into it. How can you be creative? You listen to God, the Creator of us all, and then do what He tells us to do!
So go and flavor up this place! Don’t be afraid to do something ‘crazy’ for God! He loves you, and will never steer you off track!
“The path of the righteous is made plain.” Proverbs 15:19