- Whole & Heavenly, A Time for Singles
- Single and Searching? Search No More!
- Do You Have Your “Dream” Person on a List Yet?
- Is the Person I am Dating, “The One?”
- Will I Be Able To Love My Future Spouse MORE Than My Children?
- HELP! I Feel Like My Relationship is Suffocating Me, Is This Cold Feet?
- How Do I Deal With Other People’s Baggage?
- How Am I Going to Hand My Finances Over to My New Spouse?
A great and dear “single” friend of mine reached out to me the other day, asking some pretty great questions like, “Should I be looking for Mr. Right- or does God have that man for me?” and “I understand the concept of submitting 100% to a husband, but as a single-mom, how could I ever love a man over my own daughter?” Both tough and yet reasonable questions, that deserve real answers.
At first glance, there isn’t much in the Bible about dating and living life Whole and Heavenly apart from having a spouse. There are so many stories in the Bible of husband and wife teams, that once would begin to wonder as they enter into their 30’s, 40’s and so on… “What’s wrong with me? Is there any plan for me and a spouse?”
Whole and Heavenly Singles Ministry
Surprisingly enough, around 75% of Wholehearted Ministries followers are in their 20’s- 30’s, and single. It is my desire, as we launch into our second year of ministry, to begin focusing on developing our single brothers and sisters in Christ in a Whole and Heavenly way.
For many years, Jeff and I struggled in relationships before we got married. We were hunting, and seeking for love and a filling of an emotional void that only Christ could fill. Jeff had struggles with parental issues, and low self-esteem related from being from a broken family. I had struggles with loneliness and feelings of abandonment due to being an only child in a double-income “both parents working” home. While Jeff sought relationships to justify manhood, I sought relationships to keep from having to be alone with myself. We were very confused teenager/young adults, and it wasn’t until we broke-off all hopes of relationship with others, and completely surrendered to Christ, that we met each other. We were Whole and Heavenly, and this attracted the two of us like moths to a flame!
Single Men & Women and Wholeness
- Do you feel as if there is a part of you missing?
- Do you get depressed coming home to an empty apartment?
- Has your hearing from the Lord grown quiet, or void?
- Do you still live with your parents, or wish you did?
- Was there a traumatic event as a child, that caused you to grow skeptical of relationships and distant from any source other than making money for stability and survival?
Single Men & Women and Heaven Bound
- Do you wonder how God can still love you, after all that you feel you have done “against” Him?
- Do you go to drugs, alcohol, sex, or pornography in order to fill a void in your heart?
- Has all hope gone from you, in regards to a “future”?
- Do you desire to be married to the person, you are currently committed to, but it feels like they don’t “love“ you back?
- Have you given up on finding Mr. or Mrs. Right, so you have found yourself settled for Mr. or Mrs. Right Now?
In the next few weeks, Jeff and I are going to attempt to use our knowledge and the Word of God to answer all of these questions, plus any additional questions that come in in regards to living life Single, Whole and Heavenly. As we embark year two of Wholehearted Ministries, with our daily efforts to blog about the Word and the important issues of life, I would strongly encourage you (if you are single or not) to sign up for our daily email subscription, that you might not miss out on receiving answers to these questions or any others that come up. You can subscribe here @ http://feeds.feedburner.com/WholeheartedMinistries
I would also like to encourage you to subscribe to this blog, and become a free member with login rights, in order to comment on the blogs that you will be reading. Having a group of Whole and Heavenly singles who reach out to each other is a vision to behold! Can you imagine what would happen if more “Wholehearted” men and women of faith had a place to meet and great and discuss the topics of the day! In relationships, two halves do not make a whole. What we are striving to do, and learning to become is Whole and Heavenly as individuals- missing NOTHING!- which will ultimately in most cases, end in marriage! Two WHOLES make a Power Couple!
My Prayer Today,
Father God bless this time, as we enter into your presence, and devote our time learning about You and our single-hearted purpose in You. I know You have a plan for all of Your children, married or not, as we begin this study show us all our unique and individual purposes and give us the courage to remain Whole and Heavenly in You! In Your Son Jesus’ name AMEN!
God Bless You today as you remain in Him, on point, and on purpose!
Did you know??
Did you know that while Eve was created to help Adam, Adam was originally created as God’s son, for God exclusively? In a sense, he was originally created to be single and devoted to God! Scripture says,
15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16And the LORD God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.”
18 The LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”
19 Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds of the air and all the beasts of the field.
But for Adam no suitable helper was found. 21 So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. Genesis 2:15-22