Today’s principle focus is on newness and opportunity awareness.
Scripture of the day:Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lam 3:22-23
Today’s Positive Words of Affirmation and Encouraging Words to Live By: “Today I will look for new opportunities and doors to open”, and “Today I will choose to look at the possibilities of life.”
Where do I see myself on a scale of 1-10 in the area of “Opportunity Awareness”? 6
Any time that we have a chance to do anything whether it be mow the lawn, wash the car, read a book or take a walk, we are opening ourselves up to opportunities.
YOUR GREATEST INVESTMENT
A long time ago I was taught that if you have bad teeth the greatest investment you could ever make was to get braces. I am not sure if the statement is true, but I do agree with the basic direction of the statement, “The greatest investment is in yourself”. Doing what you need to do to personally grow.
It always seems odd when you are in an airplane and the Flight Attendant informs you to “put on your mask first” then help out the others around you. Why is that? The simple reality is that if you are the only one left with your wits about you, you better take care of yourself first, because you can’t very well save a plane of people when you are knocked out. Jeff and I continually remind each other to “put our own oxygen masks on first”. This is our go-to-phrase when we can tell that one of us has been stretched too thin, and needs to take time to relax. Investing in ourselves in the type of rest necessary in order to be open to new opportunities is paramount to a sustained success.
SOME THINGS THAT MIGHT HELP YOU TO BEABLE TO RELAX
- Prayer: Always thanking God and seeking Him for guidance
- Water: Drink plenty of H2O for a clean clear body
- Stretching: Elongating the muscle helps to release tension and increase blood flow
- Singing: Singing helps you to relax because it sets your mind to love, and when you either love a song or love to sing, you are in the mood to love (a great mood to be in!)
- Dancing: Leaping, twisting, turning, and grooving gives your heart something to do. Those of us who love to dance know how glad dancing makes you feel (David danced!)
- Laughing: Laughter truly is the best medicine!
- Resting: Taking naps when you are exhausted is a great way to relax. Some large companies even have sleep pods where you can “power nap” for like 10 minutes at a time.
- Walking: Walking causes you to breathe deep and long, walking is a great stress release
- Quiet time: Time scheduled to “do nothing”, have no TV, Computer, or electronic product present. Just you, some books, a not pad, and time alone to think
Today I am going to focus on preparing my mind for opportunity by taking care of myself, sleep in when I can, sit down when I can, today I am going to go extra slow and make everything last a little longer. I won’t be in a hurry for anything. Every day is a new day, today is the day that I will see something I have never seen before!
My Prayer Today,
Father God, thank you so much for Your Word that teaches us that Your compassions never fail and that You are new every morning. You have given me a day to open my mind to positive opportunities and I thank you soo much! In Your Son Jesus’ name AMEN!
May the Lord God Bless you today with a day full of opportunities!
Did you know???
That André-Jacques Garnerin back on Oct. 22, 1797 was the man credited for the 1st parachute jump. He dropped from a balloon, about 6,500 ft. over Monceau Park in Paris in a 23-ft.-diameter parachute made of white canvas with a basket attached! That was 213 years ago!!
Today is Day 11 on Jessica’s 365 Days to a Whole New Life journey, you can follow along daily and begin your own journey at http://wholeheartedministries.com/365-days-to-a-whole-new-life . We all have the same 365 days, but we all have different opportunities. How you spend the next year of your life is entirely up to you! Focusing to spend your life on personal growth day by day, will result in a life like you have never dreamed! We aren’t talking “pie in the sky” type changes, we are talking real life changes… changes for the better, changes toward becoming a whole new you!